- The applicant will first need to register with the competition site by listing the project title, investigative team (names of PI and collaborators, institutional affiliations, and email addresses) a short description of the current grant and the proposed supplemental project (200 word limit).
- Next, upload a PDF that contains:
- Cover Letter from PI(s) including a statement of the relevance of the proposed supplemental work to the field of Regenerative Rehabilitation.
- Research Plan: The research proposal will generally follow an R03 format and should include:
- A one-page summary of current grant and proposed supplemental specific aim(s).
- Brief background, preliminary studies, methods, timeline (limited to a total of 4 pages).
- List of resources available to support the proposed work.
- If the applicant proposes to borrow equipment for a portion of the proposed study, please include a letter of support from the equipment’s owner.
- For collaborative projects including an external investigator and an AR3T laboratory, the applicant will also submit:
- A statement describing the unique skills, methods and/or technologies offered at the AR3T laboratory site (no more than 200 words).
- A letter confirming the support of the AR3T laboratory.
- A communication plan (no more than 150 words) describing data sharing and dissemination of findings between the participating laboratories during the time of funding, and a plan for continuing interactions between the partnering institutions beyond the duration of the pilot project.
- Budget & Budget Justification: Please note that
- The budget must include both direct and indirect costs.
- PI salary support must be limited to 15% of direct costs.
- The budget cannot cover conference travel.
- Address Compliance Issues
- Human studies must include a human subjects section (not in the page limit) and a draft consent form.
- Animal studies must include a Vertebrate Animals section.
- Concise description of procedures involving animals, identifying species, strains, ages, sex and total number to be used by species.
- Justification for the appropriateness of the species for the proposed research; and an explanation for the use of proposed species versus alternative models.
- Interventions to minimize discomfort, pain, distress and injury.
- Justification for the euthanasia method if not consistent with the AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals.
- Assurance of IACUC, hSCRO and/or IRB approval and of completion of NIH-mandated responsible conduct or research training, where indicated, must be furnished after Award notice and before funds can be released.
- Investigator Biosketches: Biosketches are limited to four pages.
Please see review criteria for more information.
Access the online application. Apply here now!
The application deadline is June 13, 2021. Award Notifications will be sent out by June 30, 2021, for an August 1, 2021 start date.
Project completion dates will be within 12 months of the date of funding.
For questions and/or assistance with proposal development, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.