Round 1 Letter of Intent: The applicant is required to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) that consists of a project name, investigator information (names of PI and collaborators, institutional affiliations, sponsoring organizations, and email addresses), a one-sentence project description, and a project summary (1-2 page maximum).
Round 2 Full Proposal: The full proposal should be uploaded as a PDF file, and should meet the following requirements:
- Cover Letter from PI(s) including a statement of the relevance of the proposed work to the field of Regenerative Rehabilitation.
- Research Plan: The research proposal will generally follow an R03 format and should include:
- A one-page specific aims
- Brief background, preliminary studies, methods, timeline (limited to a total of 4 pages)
- Address the resources available to support the proposed work
- Budget & Budget Justification: Please note that
- The PIs’ salary support must be limited to 15% of direct costs.
- The primary PI’s effort must be at least 1% effort.
- The budget cannot cover conference travel.
- Inclusion of capital equipment will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Per NIH policy, graduate student total compensation (salary, fringe and tuition) cannot exceed the NRSA post-doc level 0 stipend.
- Address Compliance Issues
- Animal studies must include a Vertebrate Animals section
- Concise description of procedures involving animals, identifying species, strains, ages, sex and total number to be used by species
- Justification for the appropriateness of the species for the proposed research; and an explanation for the use of proposed species versus alternative models
- Interventions to minimize discomfort, pain, distress and injury
- Justification for the euthanasia method if not consistent with the AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals
- Assurance of IACUC and/or hSCRO approval and of completion of NIH-mandated responsible conduct or research training, where indicated, must be furnished after Award notice and before funds can be released.
- Investigator Biosketches: Biosketches are limited to four pages.
- Please see review criteria for more information.
- Subscribe to the AR3T newsletter in order to receive the latest news on research and grant opportunities for Regenerative Rehabilitation researchers.
- If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.